My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.

Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", US poet (1892 - 1950)

Tuesday 24 April 2007

LAWinaBOX

Speaking of which, now comes a shameless bit of advertising - complete with backlighting - of my own. Or rather, by way of gratitude, on behalf of another.

Now is the time for revision and last-minute cramming for the impending summer exams. Might I recommend to fellow students, procrastinators and panic-induced-sleepless-night-and-nightmare sufferers:

The One and Only... LAWinaBOX

While the distinction between a lease and a license pales into insignificance against my more pressing concern that my Self, my Home and All My Worldly Goods are on the brink of disappearing - never to be seen again! - into the hole they are currently drilling in the street, these LAWinaBOX bits and pieces really are jolly useful. You can order them online straight to your desktop for immediate use but if, like me, you would be grateful for any excuse to leave your room but can't quite think of one, I also came across them in the Charing Cross Blackwells on Friday so presumably also available in all good bookshops.

Of course, an excursion across the country to Charing Cross Road could be just the sort of procrastinatory excuse you're looking for...

No comments: