My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.

Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", US poet (1892 - 1950)

Sunday 6 May 2007

JE Penner

On Thursday, in an attempt to reset the hands of a somewhat disoriented bodyclock I went to bed at about nine. Notwithstanding several bedtime stories (Goldcorp Exchange Ltd and The Three Certainties, amongst other mp3 lecture favourites) I was still wide awake at midnight and not in the least bit sleepy, so I thought perhaps a little further reading on the finer points of creating a valid trust might have the desired soporific effect. Not so.

Professor Penner's work on the Law of Trusts makes for really rather enjoyable reading such that Josephine was still reading at 4am.

Perhaps next time a spot of EU Law might be more effective.

No comments: